Thursday 9 July 2015

Mumma

She sat beside the window, eyes closed in peace and half-meditation, praying to her Lord, as she always did. For the past 27 of my life that I was with her, this one thing had never changed. Her hair, now more white than black, and her skin wrinkled with the adages of old age, glistened in the streaks of sunlight that sifted from the creaks of the window. She wore a khakhi night-suit, which to my distaste, made her look more old than she already was. As her lips moved to the symphony only she knew my mind reverted back to the millions of memories I had with her.

She used to move around in the huge hospital premises, wearing her scrubs, running in a speed hypothetically faster than light, doing the job more sincerely than it was supposed to do. I had seen her winning the best Employee award, I had seen her sacrificing everything for the people she loved. She was the most confident and sassiest woman I would come across. A precious asset, and an incomparable soul, that I had always wanted in my life. But it would always hurt me that Why it had to be her? Just why did she had to...

'Who are you and why are you here? Get out of the room or I am calling the security.' the subject of my above speculation and appreciation screamed at me, in a voice as high as she could possibly manage. And she started coughing and twitching hysterically, for my presence had betwixt the bubble she had been in, forcing herself to do something she wasn't supposed to do, Be angry.

The nurses rushed in, giving her the necessary aids, glaring at me with cunning eyes, putting the blame of the catastrophe on me. And I walked out, as the weight of this miserable condition weighed down on me. 'Mumma....' I groaned, and lo came out the tears, uncontrollably as every inch of frustration somehow was emanating from me in these round droplets of saline water.

Why did I call her Mumma, you ask? For she is my mother., with the experience of a seventy year old and the naivety of a toddler. With the wisdom of an owl, and the memories, all her memories had vanished. Leaving me an orphan who had a mother.


-DaYumfooDie.
Laugh. Rainbows. Unicorns. Love

P.S - This is just to motivate you to tell your Mom that she is amazing and you would have been nothing if not for her. :)


Thanks Ma.

No comments:

Post a Comment